COMPASS VETERINARY CLINIC
Pet Spay & Neuter Services
At Compass Veterinary Clinic, we are proud to offer affordable, high-quality spay and neuter services to the community of Lake Oswego as well as the greater Portland metro area and beyond.
Pet Spay and Neuter Services Care
HIGH-QUALITY SPAY AND NEUTER SERVICES NOW IN LAKE OSWEGO
With spay and neuter prices and surgical protocols varying widely throughout the Portland Metro area, Dr. Connolly strongly believes in making these procedures as affordable as possible without sacrificing patient health and safety.
SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
- We perform a thorough pre-surgical exam and pre-anesthetic blood work on every patient (included in the procedure price) to ensure your pet’s health for the surgery.
- Every surgical instrument is thoroughly sterilized in our state-of-the-art Midmark M11 “Ultra-Clave” Automatic Sterilizer to reduce the risk of infection.
- Your pet’s surgeon will also be sterilely scrubbed, gloved, masked, and gowned to prevent any infection risks.
- Every patient must be current on their rabies vaccination and must be flea free before any surgical procedure.
“It’s hard to fathom, but some clinics actually re-use the same instruments between patients. While that may reduce their operational cost, I will not compromise on patient health and safety.”
SPAY AND NEUTER PROCEDURE
- We use the same anesthetic gas used in human medicine (Isoflurane) instead of injectable anesthetics that you’ll find at some “low cost” spay and neuter facilities to ensure safety and improve recovery.
- Our Spay & Neuter Packages include an IV catheter and IV fluids as medically indicated for your pet.
- Every patient undergoing anesthesia is monitored by our BioVet System, which tracks the patient’s heart rate, heart rhythm, body temperature, respiration, and oxygenation level throughout the procedure.
- Additionally, your pet will always have a licensed veterinarian and a technician at their side throughout the procedure.
“We never rely on just the machine. Each patient is also constantly monitored by a veterinary technician. Our technicians are trained to manually check the heart rate, look at the color of the gums, and constantly visually assess the patient and their vital signs. As good as the technology is, we have to also monitor with our eyes.”
A SAFE & CAREFUL PROCEDURE
- Dr. Connolly believes that all patients need and deserve proper pain management, which is why we give your pet medication to make them feel more comfortable during both the procedure as well as recovery.
- Once the surgery is completed, a technician will monitor your pet until he or she is able to stand and walk.
INCORPORATING FEAR-FREE GUIDELINES
- Every visit with us, from a pre-surgical exam to the procedure and recovery, is based on the principles of Fear Free veterinary care.
- Your pet deserves a stress- and anxiety-free experience as much as possible during their time with us.
- Our clinic was built with your pet’s comfort in mind, ensuring both their physical safety and emotional wellbeing during their time with us.
- Our veterinary staff has been trained on the best Fear Free practices.
Compass veterinarians also provide spay & neuter services for rabbits and pocket pets. Please call for pricing.