COMPASS VETERINARY CLINIC
Our practice is open with new safety protocols in place. Please review the following before scheduling your appointment or arriving at the clinic.
The health and well-being of your pet is our top priority. As news of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community continues to develop, we are monitoring the situation closely.
At this time, our clinic remains open and is operating under regular business hours. However, for the safety of our clients and our veterinary healthcare team, we have instituted the following CDC-recommended protocols:
- ZIf you are feeling ill or experiencing flu-like symptoms and have an upcoming appointment, we kindly ask that you call us to reschedule.
- ZIf you are healthy with no signs of illness, please remain in your vehicle and call our team from your cell phone when you have arrived in the parking lot. If you do not have a cell phone, please knock on the front door. A staff member will call, text, or notify you when a technician is available to meet you at the front door to safely assume control of your pet(s) and bring them into the clinic.
- ZAll diagnostics, including exams, testing, and treatment will be carried out by our professional staff. We are committed to and highly trained in Fear Free handling techniques to reduce any anxiety that your pet may feel. See www.fearfreepets.com for more information. If your pet is anxious, ask our Client Care Specialists about options we have to make them feel more comfortable.
- ZCurbside service is still available. The technicians and/or veterinarian will communicate with you by phone to gather additional information and patient history. If necessary, we can remain on the phone throughout the exam.
- ZWe are highly recommending that you pay only by credit or debit to avoid the use of cash, which carries an increased risk of transmission.
- ZOur staff is carefully and diligently sanitizing surfaces, including door handles, after each client interaction using a disinfectant that kills Covid-19. Please be patient with our team as all of these safety procedures take extra time and may lengthen your visit or your wait time.
- ZWe now have a telemedicine (video chat) service available which can be used in limited healthcare situations. Please contact our Client Care Specialists for details.
- ZFor medication refills, prescription diets, or flea and tick preventatives, etc., please call ahead. We can handle your payment over the phone and have your order ready for pick up with as little human interaction as possible. Or you may order online for convenient home delivery. Please note we do not have a buy online, pick up in clinic option.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND HEALTH GUIDANCE REGARDING COVID-19
Please visit the CDC or WHO websites. For additional questions, please contact us at (503)850-2444 or by email: [email protected]
Also, you can find more information about COVID-19 in our blog “What are we doing at Compass Veterinary Clinic to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?”
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you and your pet soon.
Your pet healthcare partners at Compass Veterinary Clinic.