- Compass Digital Radiographs (XRAYS)
Putting our patient's health and safety first.
Compass utilizes the most advanced digital X-ray unit available, the Vet-Ray DX-V by Sedecal.
The state of the art DX-V delivers unparalleled image quality in as little as six seconds.
There is a difference between our new Flat Panel Digital X-Ray Unit and the older machines you see at many clinics.
- Digital X-rays expose patients to far less radiation than film X-rays (up to 70% less), so they pose less of a health risk.
- The images produced by film X-ray are often less clear than digital, and this sometimes results in the need for a second round of X-rays, meaning more radiation.
- Digital images can easily be edited, enhanced, and quickly sent to a radiologist for additional interpretation. The earlier the diagnosis, the better the chance of effective treatment.
- Film X-rays require the use of hazardous chemicals for development, resulting in dangerous environmental waste.
- Images are immediately available with digital X-rays, but require time for development with film.
As you can see, not only are there significant differences between film and digital X-rays, but those differences really do make a difference. At Compass Veterinary Clinic, we are committed to minimizing radiation exposure for patients and to providing patients with the best technology, which is why we ONLY use the Sedecal DX-V Digital X-ray.
Our Sedecal DX-V is a brand new unit, 100% manufactured and maintained by Sedecal, not a cobbled together solution using refurbished old parts, like you see in many clinics. That means the unit is tested and calibrated to deliver the best results with a minimal radiation exposure to patients and technicians.